Discover the traditions of the Kakheti region, process of bread baking, explore the charming city of Love Sighnaghi on the top of the hill, and enjoy stunning views with a Georgian wine tasting.
Our Kakheti tour offers a day in one of the most beautiful regions in Georgia. The very best wines come from Kakheti. Almost three-quarters of the county's wine grapes are grown here. Archaological findings have suggested that wine has been produced here for several thousand years. Almost every village in Kaketi is well known for its own sort of wine, such as Kindzmarauli, Akhasheni, Teliani, Mukuzani. Wines are named after the places where they are produced.
We will visit:
- Excursion to the wine cellar with a free wine tasting - Family Georgian traditional wine cellar on the way to the city of Love Signagi is an ideal place for those who prefer homemade Georgian wine and chacha prepared according to all traditional standards and recipes of Georgia you will be greeted by a hospitable host who will surely show the superb ChachaGon and tell a real colloric Georgian toast. Wine tasting - for guests of our company for Free!
- Masster classes - baking Georgian bread for guests of our company for Free!
- The Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe - Originally was built in the 9th Century. It is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia. Monastery holds the tomb of ST. Nino, the Cappadocian maiden who converted Georgian people to Chtistianity as early as 337 AD. It has a breathtaking view of the Alazani valley and snowcapped Caucasus mountains.
- Sighnaghi (City of Love) -It is the prettiest town in Kaheti. Sighnagi orginally was developed in the 18th century by King Erekle II. The defensive walles and 28 towers were built by him against Lezgian invasion. The city has wonderful views over the Alazani valley to the Caucasus beyond. After walk we will have a traditional dinner with workshop, where you will learn how to cook traditional meals. You can also taste traditional candies,with grape juice – Churchkhela and Pelamushi.
The Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe
City of Love -Sighnaghi
Know Before You Book
Not wheelchair accessible
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Free Cancellation: up to 48 hours in advance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Departures: Daily 9:30 h.
- Duration: ± 9:30 hours
- Check-in: 15 min. before departure
- Start point: str. Kote Abkhazi 44 (Metekhi bridge)
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Support call: + 995 514 21 77 22
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Russian (Live guide)
Why Book on WST?
- Mobile voucher
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- Support Call