Vardzia, Rabati, Borjomi - Mineral springs
Discover cave city Vardzia and different historical eras as old as the Bronze Age. Borjomi gorge and national park
Departures: Daily 08:30 h
Mobile Ticket Accepted
Support call: + 995 514 21 77 22
- Enjoy visiting Borjomi, a small town in mountains in south-central Georgia, and this mineral water industry. Then, continuing to Vardzia, in the south, one of the highlights of this trip, and admire the caves along the cliff for some five hundred meters and in up to nineteen tiers. In Akhaltsikhe, an old town, appreciate the impressive medieval Rabati fortress.
- Vardzia is a cave site in southern Georgia dating back to 12th century, excavated from the slopes of the Erusheti Mountain on the left bank of the Mtkvari River. Excavations have shown that the area of Vardzia was inhabited even earlier during the Bronze Age. There you can find bell tower, main church, cave dwellings, rooms, chapels, pharmacy and wine cellars. Beyond the bell tower the complex rises to nineteen tiers, with steps leading to a cemetery. Infrastructure includes access tunnels, water facilities, and provision for defence. Vardzia has been submitted for future inscription on the UNESCO World Heritage List as a Cultural Site.
- Rabati Castle is a medieval castle complex of Asian style in Akhaltsikhe. Built in the 13th century, Rabati castle developed under the influence of different cultures over subsequent centuries and this is reflected in its architecture. Within the 7 hectares castle complex there is a Church, a Mosque, a Minaret and a Synagogue.
- Borjomi is the picturesque resort town in south-central Georgia located on the edge of the Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. The town is famous for its mineral water, which is the number one export of Georgia; the Romanov summer palace and the World Wide Fund for nature-site Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. Borjomi is also home to the most extensive ecologically themed amusement park in the Caucasus.
- 1. Vardzia- cave
- 2. Rabati - castle
- 3. Borjomi- mineral springs
- Explore more of Georgia while still keeping Tbilisi as your base
- Save time and money: Visit multiple sightes in a single day trip with group
- Get insights into Georgian history and culture from your guide
- Departs and returns to a central meeting point in Tbilisi
- Free cancellation up to 2 days to tour departure.
- One day before departure tour, amount is not refundable
- The company reserves the right to change date, time, directions of tour - if ticket was booked less than 12 hours before departure tour