David Gareji - monastery complex
Explore David Gareja is a rock-hewn Georgian Orthodox monastery complex of the 6th century
Mobile Ticket Accepted
Support call: + 995 514 21 77 22
- We will visit:
- David Gareji monastery complex founded in the 6th century by St. David Garejeli, one of the thirteen Assyrian monks who arrived in the country at the same time. Despite the harsh environment, the monastery remained an important centre of religious and cultural activity for many centuries. The complex includes hundreds of cells, churches, chapels, refectories and living quarters hollowed out of the rock face. The monastery remains active today and serves as a popular destination of tourism and pilgrimage. The area is also home to protected animal species and evidence of some of the oldest human habitations in the region.
- David Gareja -monastery complex
- Guide WST will work with you individually,
- Driver with car and guide will be at location of your booking 15 minutes before start tour.
- Choose comfortable shoes and clothing for tour
- Take a head scarf to visit the temple
- Free cancellation up to 2 days to tour departure.
- One day before departure tour, amount is not refundable