Our tour to David Gareji monastery complex offers you an opportunity to visit a rock-hewn Georgian Orthodox monastery complex located on the half-desert slopes of Mount Gareja dating back to 6th century.
Excursion is accompanied with private guide and private car, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travelers
We will visit:
- David Gareji monastery complex founded in the 6th century by St. David Garejeli, one of the thirteen Assyrian monks who arrived in the country at the same time. Despite the harsh environment, the monastery remained an important centre of religious and cultural activity for many centuries. The complex includes hundreds of cells, churches, chapels, refectories and living quarters hollowed out of the rock face. The monastery remains active today and serves as a popular destination of tourism and pilgrimage. The area is also home to protected animal species and evidence of some of the oldest human habitations in the region.
- Departures: in your time
- Duration: ± 6:00 hours
- Check-in: 15 min. before departure
- Start point: from your place
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation: up to 24 hours in advance
- Support call: + 995 514 21 77 22
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English or Russian (Live guide)
Why Book on WST?
- Mobile voucher
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall