Gori, Uplistsikhe - oldest city
Explore ancient Uplistsikhe cave town- meaning "The Fortress of God" is an ancient cave town from the 1st half of the 1st millennium. Borjomi National Park and the Soviet dictator Stalin’s hometown
Mobile Ticket Accepted
Support call: + 995 514 21 77 22
- Uplistsikhe, in translation Fortress of the Lord, is a cave town fortress situated on a rocky massif on the left bank of the river Mtkvari. Dating back to I-II millennium B.C. Uplistsikhe was an important religious, political and cultural centre in the Hellenistic and the late Antique periods. Visitors can still walk among the ancient streets, rock-carved theatre, royal halls, pharmacy, pagan temples and Christian churches, while the remains of granaries and large clay wine vessels give us some clue as to the daily life of the inhabitants.
- Joseph Stalin’s Museum in Gori – Stalin originally Georgian, was the secretary general of the Communist Party during second world war and one of the most influential dictators of modern times. Museum features Stalin’s house - a hut where he was born; his armour plated railway carriage and a statue that was controversially standing in the main square of Gori up until 2010. In addition, many items owned by Stalin, including some of his office furniture, his personal belongings and gifts made to him over the years. There is also much illustration by way of documentation, photographs, paintings and newspaper articles.
- Gori Fortress is a medieval citadel in Georgia, standing above the city of Gori on a rocky hill. Archaeological evidence shows that the area had already been inhabited in the last centuries BC. The fortress controlled major strategic and economic routes and accommodated a large garrison.
- Borjomi is the picturesque resort town in south-central Georgia located on the edge of the Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. The town is famous for its mineral water, which is the number one export of Georgia; the Romanov summer palace and the World Wide Fund for nature-site Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. Borjomi is also home to the most extensive ecologically themed amusement park in the Caucasus.
- 1. Uplistsikhe,
- 2. Joseph Stalin’s Museum in Gori
- 3. Gori Fortress
- 4. Borjomi
- Guide WST will work with you individually,
- Driver with car and guide will be at location of your booking 15 minutes before start tour.
- Choose comfortable shoes and clothing for tour
- Take a head scarf to visit the temple
- Free cancellation up to 2 days to tour departure.
- One day before departure tour, amount is not refundable