Mtskheta - old capital Georgia
Discover Mtskheta, the ancient capital of Georgia. Visit Jvari, Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Samtavro Monastery
Mobile Ticket Accepted
Support call: + 995 514 21 77 22
- Old Town Mtskheta is a place of great archeological importance today, and remains the modern headquarters of the Georgian Orthodox and Apostolic Church.
- We will visit:
- Mtskheta - is one of oldest cities of Georgia near Tbilisi. Mtskheta was capital of the early Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the 3rd century BC to the 5th century
- Jvari Monastery - is a Georgian Orthodox monastery of the 6th century near Mtskheta (World Heritage site). The name is translated as the Monastery of Cross. The great church represents the peak of the architectual typology. It is a true architectural masterpiece of the early Medieval period overlooking the confluence of Aragvi and Mtkvari rivers from the top of the hill.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral - was built in the 11th century, although the site itself is even older, dating back to the early 4th century. The cathedral is the second largest church building in Georgia and is listd as a UNSECO World Heritage Site along with other historical monuments of Mtskheta.
- Samtavro monastery - complex was built in the 11th century. It contains the grave of queen Nana and Mirian III, the king of Iberia, who established Christianity as official religion in Georgia. The famous Georgian monk Gabrieli is buried inside the Samtavro church as well.
- Wine Degustation - Where you can taste and buy Georgian wine.
- 1. Jvari Monastery
- 2. Mtskheta
- 3. Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- 4. Samtavro monastery
- 5. Wine Degustation
- Guide WST will work with you individually,
- Driver with car and guide will be at location of your booking 15 minutes before start tour.
- Choose comfortable shoes and clothing for tour
- Take a head scarf to visit the temple
- Free cancellation up to 2 days to tour departure.
- One day before departure tour, amount is not refundable