Bolnisi, Dmanisi - first Europeans
Discover Dmanisi and Bolnisi is an incredible opportunity to discover the formation of the Georgian language, the oldest human settlement in Georgia
Mobile Ticket Accepted
Support call: + 995 514 21 77 22
- Asureti -German village in – the colony of Elizabeth .in this village we will visit the German Church and here we have free wine tasting,we taskte local delicious wine. Asureti is an interesting village situated on the road Koda - Tetriskaro, some 45 km from Tbilisi in Georgia. The village was founded on 19 November 1818 by Caucasian Germans under the name Elisabethtal or Elisabeththal by 72 German immigrant families.
- Bolnisi - we will visit Georgian Numismatics and Artifacts Museum. Bolnisi Museum is a model of the 21st century regional museum and the new ecosystem in general – where different segments as science, culture, education, and tourism coexist in one space.
- Bolnisi Sioni Cathedral - is known for its Georgian inscriptions. These are one of the oldest historical documents of the Georgian alphabet. This church is the first Georgian building to have a completion date on the exterior. Bolnisi Sioni’s decorative scheme was a Sasanian style. The southern and central parts of the church are adorned with curling vine scrolls, arabesques, and foliate motifs. Uniform masonry blocks were used to build on to the original building’s late antiquity remnants on the southern façade.
- Dmanisi - We will continue our tour with visiting discovering Dmanisi – the jaw of an ancient human. The early Paleolithic site of Dmanisi was discovered in 1983, beneath the deserted medieval town of Dmanisi. During middle ages, Dmanisi was one of the prominent cities of the day, located along the Silk Road Dmanisi, Home of Europe’s oldest human skull discovered (The hominin site is the earliest of its kind outside of Africa, dating back to 1.81 ml years) is located in southern Georgia, Kvemo Kartli region. You can visit museum to check archeological excavations of bronze age settlement and see the 1.8 million year-old fossilized remains of the first discovered human couple in Europe whose names sound truly Georgian : Zezva and Mzia!
- 1. Asureti
- 2. Bolnisi
- 3. Bolnisi Sioni Cathedral
- 4. Dmanisi
- Guide WST will work with you individually,
- Driver with car and guide will be at location of your booking 15 minutes before start tour.
- Choose comfortable shoes and clothing for tour
- Take a head scarf to visit the temple
- Free cancellation up to 2 days to tour departure.
- One day before departure tour, amount is not refundable